Sunday, October 25, 2015

A lot of insight today

Surely, yes, you can blab all you want about how lazy I was for skipping work today. Yet, I did get a lot of insight and thought a lot today. First off, it was because of timing at first. Tried to catch the 3:38pm or so bus, but the more it ran through my head, especially the part about the bus only arriving like once an hour on the weekends, I was only going to get like 2 to 3 hours of work done anyways, so might as well stay home. After the fact though, I did think about it more. Here's my thought process in dialogue form:

What the hell are you doing Mark?

Nothing.

You mean that skipping work today is nothing?

Yeah.

How so?

Though it is a job, let's face some facts here. It doesn't really pay all my bills, it's essentially a janitorial position, and I'd only get 2-3 hours of work done max anyways at this point due to the ludicrous public transportation schedule on the weekends. There's also the fact that this job is not going to lead me anywhere, just the same old cleaning the tables and occasionally being in the back doing dishes. I want a more creative position, a position where I am actually excited to go to work and I understand that one somehow has to go through jobs like this before the position desired, but really, this just feels like pointless work to me. It just seems like just another chore at home, but getting paid for it really. Hell, even at Goodwill, after one year, I didn't even get a raise, just a certificate and the knowledge I made it a year miraculously. 

Now, in that kind of dialogue, I know my thoughts make me sound like some arrogant asshole that's just another part of this "gimme now!" generation, but that's not it at all. It's not like I want to be some crazy-ass billionaire that just talks and talks and have no idea what he's talking about, I just want to make enough so that my parents won't have to interfere in my life and pay for a portion. I want to be a proud, independent citizen that can fully pay for what he needs, and never look down upon himself for needs he couldn't pay for. That's all I want out of life right now. Okay, first a lovely life with my loved one, then that, but either way, I'm 3 years from turning 30 and if I don't feel like an independent adult by 30, then something's really wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment